Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Paragliding An ultimate experience

I visited utliberg "Known as top of zurich" few months back... and saw few people doing paragliding....I had dream of doing same from last five years but never took it seriously... but that day i was just amazed and my dream got strength...
and finally i got chance to do it....We had Easter holiday a four days long weekend...and we simply cant waste it...although planing was not so good, and collected all the information in last few hours, we were able to create two days vacation plan of "Burn - Interlaken - Jungfrau".
Although Jungfrau "Top of Europe" is most exiting place for others, i was more concerened about Interlaken as i heard that it is possible to do paragliding there but still i was afraid about my will power...I was not sure that i would be able to do it................
Early morning we reached to Bern , I just booked my flight at 2.oo PM...my pilot told me that he will pick me from Interlaken station.....and arrange everything so everything was well set......great at least crossed one big milestone.
Me and my friend reached interlaken around 1.oo after having a trip to a beautiful city
Bern but my mind was thinking about something more exciting...........and suddenly my cell rang....and my pilot "Richi" was ahead of time...and i am also eager to do it as soon as possible.......
He reached to pick up me, It was great to see a big van, with full of paragliding stuff...lots of jacket, shoes...etc... and we started our journey............I was really exciting and somehow nervous also... I had no idea, from where will we take off, where will we land...whats height...so i was asking lots of question to Richi...

after 15 -20 min of journey we reached at take off point , height is around 1200 ft... and my beat rate has started increasing... Richi unpacked glide bag....wow....glider was so colourful...

he helped me to tight all the jackets and belt and tie glide with me........so we (me and richi ) was read

y for fly.... and he started giving me last minute instruction... I was told to run with glide on 1200 ft height, that also around 40 degree slope...was i mad???

but that moment i was not thinking about all this.... weather was in favour of us...by just running few step..I was in air...........wow.....i dont know how it happened...first one minute i was scared lit bit....but Richi helped me and instructed to just fell comfortable...I saw down, we must be on the height of 1300 ft...and downside there was jungle...and i was sitting on air....I never thought it can so balanced....
around 5 min we were flying on that jungle, sometime up , sometime down...it really amazing... then i told Richi to just move form that place, i wanted to go above just away from that jungle , it was quite scary to fly above that...
Richi waited for a moment for good wind to change direction,, and sudden we were in different direction...above the river...I was able to jungfrau mountain clearly...

Now most exiting moment, Richi gave control to me,,,I was sure that it wont be easy for me, and i was quite correct... I pulled one strip, and it started going down...and moment i passed control to Richi, because Richi has children and he he loves them.... :-)

Richi asked my permission for some tricks, and who will dare to deny anything to his pilot on the height of 1200 ft, :-).......He just did something with one or two stripe and we just roleded around 90 degree....dangerous but really fun.

and slowly we were in the direction of landing point, a big green field. he just gave me few landing instruction, and in few minute we were at land, the way we were in air, i guess everything happens very quickly in paragliding....

Finally I did it, It will hard to forget these most exciting 20 minutes of my life.


No comments: